Help us enroll our next Community Hydro Project!
Community Energy Advocate
Employment Type: Part Time, Seasonal
Salary range: Aprox $600/week $(400 base + performance comp)
Location: New York Adirondack/North Country Region, Remote
Email: Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com
About Northern Power & Light:
Northern Power & Light is a family-owned, renewable energy company based in Saranac Lake. The company is currently seeking qualified candidates to support and execute an outreach campaign to enroll customers in a new Community Hydro project.
At our core, we believe in a clean energy transition that is built at the local level, and from the ground up. Our mission is to develop and deliver sustainable energy options that are meaningful, both in terms of combating climate change, but also in supporting North Country businesses and communities.
While our primary offering is Community Hydro, the company is excited to be developing new offerings in a rapidly evolving renewable energy and electrification space.
In the renewable energy space, education and sales go hand-in-hand. The Community Energy Advocate will divide their time between educating community members and organizations about the Community Renewable Projects and their role in New York’s clean energy transition, as well as direct sales efforts to acquire residential and business customers. This is a temporary part-time position for the duration of a marketing campaign, with potential for full time placement.
The work location for this position is the Adirondack Region of New York State (Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Saratoga, St Lawrence, Warren and Washington Counties).
- Develop and initiate community outreach efforts and campaign activations
- Engage in direct sales, such as tabling at farmers’ markets or in-person outreach to local businesses
- Generate written content for NP&Ls newsletter and blog
- Contribute to the growth of NP&L’s social media presence
- Organize events and opportunities for NP&L’s customer community to support local businesses and other sustainability and energy equity initiatives
- Passion for sustainability, energy equity, and combating climate change
- Based in the North Country/Adirondack region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable Transportation and the ability to travel to regional events
Benefits & Salary:
Employment Type: Part Time, Remote
Compensation: Aprox $600/week (base + performance comp)
Benefits: As this is a part-time position, we cannot offer traditional benefits. However, some of the perks of working for NP&L are flexible hours, the ability to work from home, and the opportunity for increased earnings based on performance.
How to Apply
Please send a combined cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sales Operations & Outreach Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Northern Power & Light is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Northern Power & Light encourages applications from persons who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color, as well as other underserved and underrepresented communities.